- This event has passed.
MDRA Polar Bears
March 25 @ 8:00 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 8:00am on Saturday, repeating until February 24, 2018
MDRA Polar Bear Runs are a year-round, all-comers, all-paces group fun runs for MDRA members AND non-members alike. In other words, for ANYONE. Oh, and they’re FREE!!
- The runs are non-supported in that there are not water stops.
- The runs are supported in that we typically have 40-50 SUPER FUN runners of all abilities show up so you can almost be assured you’ll have someone to run with
- Distance range from 3-15 miles, typically, basically, whatever you want to run. Most people run 60-90 minutes
- We typically meet at Calhoun Exec in Minneapolis and near St. Thomas on alternating weeks, unless we’re meeting at a shoe store.
- Weekly emails through the Google Group and Facebook will be sent out. Join us on FB by searching for “MDRA Polar Bears”
- These runs are super fun, FREE (did I mention that??) Bring a friend or 5! Spread the word!
- NOTE on EXTREME COLD WEATHER: MDRA now has a policy to cancel all organized runs if the wind chill or air temp is below -25 degrees F. If we cancel a run, you are still welcome to run outside at the original meeting spot (free country and all!), but MDRA will not be sponsoring runs at extreme cold temps.
We typically have 30-50 runners each week at paces from 7:30 minute miles up to 12 minute miles. You’re almost guaranteed to have someone to run with!
As always, these runs are not supported, so bring your own water and nutrition. Post-run nutrition options abound with several great coffee shops and bakeries nearby!
Please help the MDRA continue to provide free race promotion by making a donation.