Are your long runs getting lonely? Come join us!
MDRA Polar Bear Run March 25th!
For this Saturday’s run we’re back at St. Thomas! Last week many of you must have been running one of the 3 big races around town, as our numbers were a little down. I know there’s another big race this Saturday (that’s where I’ll be!) but for those that aren’t racing, this Saturday’s run is a great option! Big thanks to Steve English for leading this Saturday’s run in my absence!
When: Saturday, March 25 at 8am
Where: St. Thomas 2115 Summit Ave, St. Paul, MN
We meet on the south sidewalk on Summit Avenue in between Cretin and E. River Road, just west of the football stadium and east of the river.
You can run as far and as long at whatever pace you like (we’re pretty laid back). We’ll start our run by running south toward the Ford Bridge. Some options include:
Ford-Lake loop 5.5ish
Ford-Stone Arch 13.5ish
MDRA Polar Bears
It’s an all-comers, all-paces, year- round, weekly group fun run for MDRA members AND non-members alike. In other words, for ANYONE. Oh, and they’re FREE!!
- The runs are non-supported in that there are not water stops.
- The runs are supported in that we typically have 40-50 SUPER FUN runners of all abilities show up so you can almost be assured you’ll have someone to run with
- Distance range from 3-15 miles, typically, basically, whatever you want to run. Most people run 60-90 minutes
- We meet at Calhoun Exec in Minneapolis and near St. Thomas on alternating weeks. First run meets at Calhoun Exec
- Weekly emails through the Google Group and Facebook will be sent out. Join us on FB by searching for “MDRA Polar Bears” These runs are super fun, FREE (did I mention that??) Bring a friend or 5! Spread the word!
- NOTE on EXTREME COLD WEATHER: MDRA now has a policy to cancel all organized runs if the wind chill or air temp is below -25 degrees F. If we cancel a run, you are still welcome to run outside at the original meeting spot (free country and all!), but MDRA will not be sponsoring runs at extreme cold temps.