Local & National Running Resources
Local Running Resources
- USATF-MN – USATF Minnesota is the local Governing Body for track and field, distance running, cross country and race walking
- Raceberryjam – comprehensive site for road racing, track and field and cross country – results, calendar, records
- Running Ventures – Many running services offered including coaching, race directing, race certification, course design & coaching classes
- Anderson Race Management – Race Management, timing, results, consulting, marketing, equipment rental
- The Sporting Life – News, races, results, and local angle on the Minnesota running scene
- Minnesota Records and Runner of the Year info
- ALARC – Active Life and Running Club
- Minnesota Tri News – a must see for anyone interested in the local triathlon scene
- Grandma’s Marathon – World Class Event * Small Town Charm
- Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon – The Most Beautiful Urban Marathon in the Country
- Get In Gear – Minnesota’s Annual Rite of Spring
- Team USA MN – Team USA Minnesota is a local based group with the goal of dramatically improving post-collegiate American distance running. Team USA MN builds on the state’s long history of producing talented runners and Olympians.
- USATF – USA Track & Field is the National Governing Body for track and field, long distance running and race walking in the United States.
- Tj’s Turf – Running writer and enthusiast Teri Dwyer’s blog on the Minnesota scene covers ground on upcoming events, historical information, resources, profiles.
A plethora of information at your fingertips here.
- Simon Says Run – One local runner’s thoughts on his own training, the local running scene and everything in between.
- Running Minnesota – Great site for interviews of past and present great Minnesota Runners
- Ultra Superior Blog – Writer Phillip Gary Smith shares his thoughts on snowshoe running, ultra trail running/racing and more!
Professional Services & Sponsors of MDRA
- Active Family Chiropractic – Specializing in providing corrective and wellness care to athletes of all ages
- Folske Spine and Rehab Clinic – Specializing in Active Release Technique for the treatment of tissue injuries
- Great Harvest Bread Company – Sponsor of the MDRA Spring racing series along with countless other races, home of the famous race rolls
- Gregg Sivesind – is a certified massage therapist who works on athletes of all levels, he has served as the massage therapist for the U of M Cross Country & Track teams since 1999, contact Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute of Athletic Medicine – Run your personal best! Our physical therapy team helps prevent and treat injury so you stay on track
- Jim Emil, Liberty Mutual Agent – Discount for MDRA member, 10% on auto and 5% on Home Owners Insurance, contact Jim at email@example.com
- Lyn Lake Chiropractic – Strives to provide patients with superior care by using advanced health care techniques and patient education
- Nystrom Publishing – Printer for the MDRA Magazine, RunMinnesota, high quality printing at reasonable prices
- On Site Sanitation – Portable Restrooms – Construction – Special Events
- OPTP – Run longer, run stronger. OPTP carries a wide variety of tools to keep you running
- Holistic Kneads – Specializing in Mind, Body and Skin wellness treatments. Offering accupuncture, massage, shiatsu, and more!
- Wayne Kryduba Photography – Providing creative photography for businesses, magazines and corporate or sporting events
National Running Websites and Running Tools
- Letsrun.com – Covers the elite part of the sport in great detail, also has a fabulous message board that covers every and any running (and non-running) topic you can think of
- Race My Race – Ultimate Tool in Virtual Online Race Preparation
- Runner’s World – National magazine’s online site, full of daily news and also training advice
- Running Times – National magazine’s online site, covering Elite runners, Masters, Collegiate and High Schoolers in training and racing
- Physical Eduation Resource Guide for College students
- RunRepeat.com – TripAdvisor for running shoes
Local Running Stores
Running stores that give MDRA member’s discounts of 10-20%:
Austin Jarrow in Duluth – 921 West Central Entrance, Duluth, 218 722-1185, http://www.austin-jarrow.com/
Duluth Running Co – 1026 East Superior Street. Duluth, 218 728-1148, http://www.duluthrunning.com
EndurRUNce Shop, 117 5th Ave S, St. Cloud, 320 252-5262, http://endurunceshop.com
Excelsior Running – 400 2nd Street, Excelsior, 952 451-4523, http://www.excelsiorrunning.com/
Fargo Running Company – 1801 45th Street S, Fargo, ND 701 364-9503 http://www.fargorunningcompany.com/’
FIT to be TRI’d – 306 Division St., Northfield, 507 786-9191, http://www.fittobetrid.com
Gear Running Store – 44th & France, Edina, 952 926-2645 – http://www.gearrunningstore.com
Gear West Run Store- 1786 Wayzata Blvd, Long Lake, 952 473-0377 – http://www.gearwest.com
Marathon Sports – 50th & Penn, Minneapolis, 612 920-2606 – http://www.marathonrunwalk.com
Mill City Running – 411 E. Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, 612 378-6001 – http://millcityrunning.com
Right Fit Running – 2557 County Road 10, Mounds View, 763 267-6277, www.rightfitrunning.com
River Valley Running – 1849 Adams Street, Mankato, 507 386-4609, http://www.rivervalleyrunning.com/
Run n Fun – 868 Randolph, St. Paul, 651 290-2747 – http://www.rnfun.com
Run n Fun – 3252 West Lake Street, Minneapolis, 55416, 612 920-7386 http://rnfun.com/
RunMN – 14240 Plymouth Ave S, Burnsville, http://www.runmn.com/
Runner’s Gate- 15624 Pilot Knob Rd, Apple Valley 55124, 952 997-2353 – http://www.runnersgate.net
StartLine – 12979 Ridgedale Drive, Minnetonka, 952 593-1116 – http://www.start-line.com
TC Running – 6405 City West Parkway, Eden Prairie, 952 944-7386 – http://tcrunningco.com
TC Running – 12862 Bass Lake Road, Maple Grove, 763 746-0378 – http://tcrunningco.com/
TerraLoco – 1190 16th St SW, Suite 150, Rochster, MN 55902 507-289-5626 – http://www.runterraloco.com/
Local Running Routes – Send us your map links!
- The Chain of Lakes and River Roads – Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Trail distances – Minneapolis Parkway system
- Minneapolis Parkways – Select an area, click on the map and then choose “Walking and Running Paths” from the drop down menu
- Three Rivers Park District Parks and Trails – including future light rail trails for running
- Ramsey County Parks and Trails
- Dakota County Parks and Trails
- Minnesota State Parks
- Minnesota State Trails
- Fort Snelling
Indoor Running Options
Check out this file below for an 8 page listing of local running venues to keep you warm and dry!
PDF of Indoor Running Options – NOTE the Dome is no longer available!
Thanks to Teri Dwyer for her hard work on putting together this document that has all of the indoor running venues we know of.
Please let us know if we are missing any firstname.lastname@example.org